Planning the biggest day of your life can be daunting and you might be wondering where to begin. Here are some helpful tips to consider and make the planning process a little bit easier
- – Start Planning Early – Might sound an obvious tip but planning a wedding can be incredibly stressful and if you give yourself a short timeframe you run the risk of missing things, so give yourself some time and make sure you have a clear plan.
- – Work Out Your Budget – Do not go spending money before you have a realistic and achievable budget in mind. It is quite common to forget the little extras too. Make a list of all things you want to include and do not forget added extras like dress alterations and beauty expenses.
- – Have Help – Even though this is your big day you friends and family will be more then willing to help and want to be involved. Get some friends you really trust so you don’t have any problems being honest if things aren’t exactly how you want them.
- – Select Your Guest List – Again a more obvious tip but create your guest list early and stick with it, this makes finding your perfect venue that caters for your list easier. Cost per head can soon add up so don’t get guilt tripped into inviting people you don’t want to be there, the guest list is only yours and your Husbands to be decision.
- – Plan B? – As much as no wants to think about it, you need to have a plan b in case anything goes wrong, this could be a problem with your caterers of even the forecast. If the last few months has taught us anything it’s that we can’t plan for everything. This is a perfect casing point for getting insurance cover and check all circumstances your policy covers.
- – Wedding Party – Your bridesmaids should be your biggest source of support through out your wedding planning not just on the day, Choose your best girls wisely. Friends you have recently made or cousins you have not seen in a while are not the best choice, they should be your best friends, sisters or other close relatives. The last thing you want is to look back on your big day and realise you have lost touch with all your bridesmaids.
- – Photographer – Pick the best you can, this is the person creating the album you relive your wedding memories for the rest of your life. Research carefully and make sure they understand everything you want. Engagement shoots are the ideal way to test run your photographer.
- – Menu – One thing every guest looks forward to and probably talks about most is the food, whether it be mini fish and chips or a buffet – the easier and quicker the better, hungry guests are not happy guests.
- – Your Husband to be Deserves a Say – As much as the man in your life may not have been planning his perfect day since he was 5 he still deserves a say and will have opinions. Listen to what he wants/suggests as it is his big day too, Maybe get him involved in the menu planning as all men love food!
- – Lists and more Lists – Never underestimate the power of lists, you will be dealing with a number of different suppliers and all with different payment schedules, so a list is the perfect way to keep on top of everything. One top tip is to sit down together and create a spreadsheet according to you your budget and forecast costs and when payments are due.
Wedding planning is time consuming and stressful and it can become to much, take a step back and remind yourself what your day is all about – marrying the love of your life! Don’t let the little things take over, some things ae not as important as they seem and always be willing to compromise. You may not be able to get everything you have dreamed of but if you set realistic goals you wont be disappointed.